With our project activities, we seek and help people in different age groups and life situations who need support. The activities are funded by the European Social Fund (ESF), the Ministry of Education and Culture, the Funding Centre for Social Welfare and Health Organisations (STEA), and municipalities.
Our project activities focus on:
- Prevention of exclusion
- Strengthening inclusion, functional capacity, and well-being
- Strengthening employment, ability to work, and learning capacity
- Promotion of integration and trauma rehabilitation
- Development of community and voluntary activities
External funding is provided by the Ministry of Education and Culture (Ministry of Education and Culture), the Strategic Research Council (SRC), the European Social Fund (ESF), and private foundations.
The department operates in close cooperation with the University of Oulu in the Sports and Exercise Medicine Finland network formed by six sports and exercise medicine centres.
The focus of project activities is on:
- Factors affecting the construction of a physically active and inactive lifestyle;
- The link between the built and natural environment and physical activity, health and well-being;
- The link between physical activity and immobility and health and well-being and their economic significance;
- The link between nutrition and physical activity, health and well-being;
- Effective lifestyle control models and methods.